Virginia Tech is now an institutional member of the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD). The independent center provides professional development, training, and mentorship opportunities to more than 65,000 members representing colleges and universities in the United States. The center focuses on helping faculty, particularly underrepresented faculty, successfully make the transition from graduate student to professor.
As an institutional member, graduate students, post-doctoral associates, and faculty members from all ranks can enroll in a free sub-account membership to get access to the center’s online resources which include webinars, multi-week courses, discussion forums, accountability matches, and career center, among others. Resources focus on increasing productivity, time management, maintaining work-life balance, resolving conflict, personal organizations, and cultivating mentors, sponsors, and collaborators. All faculty members at Virginia Tech are able to sign-up for an account to access the center’s online resources.
How to Activate Your Institutionally Sponsored Membership
- Go to the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity website
- Select the “Become a Member” tab and choose “Individual Membership”
- On the Individual Membership page select “Join Now”
- On the “Select Your Member Type” page, select “Institutional Sub-Account”
- On the “Select a Username” page use your Virginia Tech E-mail address in the Username box, select "Continue"
- Complete the registration process
- You will receive a welcome e-mail within 24 business hours confirming that your account is now active and you can begin fully using your new NCFDD membership
- The Monday Motivator (a weekly email with productivity tips)
- Access to monthly productivity workshops
- Access to monthly Guest Expert workshops facilitated by faculty development experts from around the country
- Access to Multi-Week Courses each term
- Access to our Career Center
- Audio recordings, slides, and transcripts of all our workshops so faculty can learn at their convenience
- Access to our private networking forum
- Access to our moderated monthly writing challenges
- Monthly mentor matches
- Free access to our online accountability and tracking software for Alumni of the Faculty Success Progra