Every professional role brings with it the need for certain management and leadership skills and competencies - yet the specific needs are different for each role in an organization. Our "Leading at Every Level" model is designed to provide faculty and academic leaders with information about the management and leadership expectations as well as available tools and resources for ongoing learning and professional development.
Several offices across the university provide ongoing training and professional development. They are good places to look for a variety of current resources.
- Office of the Senior Vice President and Provost - Faculty Affairs
- Center for Instructional Development and Educational Research (CIDER)
- University Organizational and Professional Development (UOPD)
- Diversity Development Institute (DDI)
- Networked Learning Initiatives (NLI)
- Lynda.com (online training resources)
- training.vt.edu - centralized training listing and scheduling system
For a listing of courses/workshops/resources, by topic - click here.
If you offer additional workshops and/or have additional resources, please contact:
330 Burruss Hall