The Academy of Faculty Leadership was created in 2016 to recognize exceptional leadership within the university, either within or beyond a faculty member’s usual responsibilities. Instructional, research, administrative, and professional faculty members are eligible for inclusion in the Academy of Faculty Leadership.
Appointees are recognized for having:
- Modeled exemplary leadership (in formal or informal roles within the university), through activities and approaches that
- significantly advance a culture of collaborative leadership,
- promote faculty, staff, and/or student development, and/or
- advance program or curricular transformation; and
- Made a notable, demonstrable, positive impact within the university community (as evidenced by the nomination statement and letters of support).
Current Members of the Academy of Faculty Leadership
- Kathryn Albright - Professor of Architecture and Associate Dean of the College of Architecture and Urban Studies; appointed 2016
- Matthew Gabriele - Associate Professor of Religion and Culture and Principal of the Residential College at Ambler Johnston; appointed 2016
- John McDowell - Professor of Plant Pathology, Physiology, and Weed Sciences and Associate Scientific Director of the Fralin Life Sciences Institute; appointed 2016